Translate

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spring blog for May

The weather has been beautiful. My garden was full of daffodils and narcissus.  When I get some time, I want to include these in a new quilt. There were so many flowers in the back yard, that I always had 2 large bouquets in the house.  In the last 3 weeks I’ve taught in the states of Virginia and Kansas; four guilds in all. There seems to be a lot of catching up to do. This new spring quilt will have to wait.

It seems that my teaching schedule is fuller now that I have a new book on the market. For those of you in the Midwest, I will be teaching in Milwaukee, WI in August 3 and 4, 2010 at the Milwaukee Machine Quilting show; Wyndham Milwaukee Airport Hotel and Convention Center. The entire event runs August 3 - 7, 2010 and includes a quilt show.

I am presenting a one day workshop based on each of my books:  Decorative Machine Quilting, and Fun with Free-motion Embroidery. Because this is the first year of a new symposium, the organizers are anxious to find anyone interested in machine work.  Go to www.mmqshow.com for more information on the many offerings on their schedule. The numbers of instructors and variety of workshops and demos are impressive.

Hope to see you there.

No comments: