Translate

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Windmill Flowers

The weather has been hot humid and there has been lots of rain. My garden and the weeds are so very high. I've spent hours weeding.

I finished another little quilt from my hotel series. This one is called Windmill Flowers.  I actually started this tiny piece in my last workshop at Empty Spools, Asilomar Conference Center in CA. I brought my bag of Wonder Undered scraps to class and asked everyone to start a little piece, it had to be smaller than a sheet of notebook paper. Mine finished up being 10.25 x 7.25 inches. They could use my scraps and add some of their own. It's fun to dig through old scraps, or someone else's stuff and come up with something. You never know what will develop! It's fun!




Beading is one of my favorite hand sewing activities in the evening. I didn't want to overload this machine embroidered piece with beads so I confined myself to just the flowers. Adding the seed beads to the outside edges of the flowers adds a different effect to the outline of the petals, I'm pleased it. You can see it in Ann's Small Quilt Gallery


Right now, I am hard at work on a new quilt. In an earlier post, I showed you a picture of a bouquet of daffodils and narcissis. My house was filled with such arrangements. This photo served as a starting point for my new quilt called Tea and Daffodils. I'm not going to say anything more, I'll post in-process photos as soon as the quilting is done. Traveling and writing seems to consume so much of my time; when I allow myself the freedom to design and fabricate a new quilt, I am on cloud 9.

News tip: go to Diane Gaudynski's blog. Her cat Oliver recently posted a review of my new book! http://dianegaudynski.blogspot.com  The title is "book is cat approved."

Have a great day------Ann

No comments: