Translate

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Big Show

Fiberistic Journeys, the quilt exhibit at the Anderson Art Center in Kenosha WI is almost over. It concludes March 21. I drove there for a 3rd visit and took some pictures, enough for at least two blogs!  The building itself is a lovely mansion on Lake Michigan which is a lovely setting for artwork. The lake is on the left side of the home.



The parlor on the main floor has a lovely Italian marble fireplace, interesting wood moldings and a wonderful view of the lake and the gardens to the rear.  I would like this room for my personal studio!  I would also like to have a butler and cook to bring me my cup of hot tea and prepare meals for my family.



When you walk through the party room, there is a circular stairway with curved plaster walls.  At the top is a railing and a large hallway and display area. Here are Rachel Wetzler and Beth Gilbert's work.




In the master bedroom, which would also serve as a wonderful studio, there is a view of the lake from the second floor.  In the corner of this room Rachel Wetzler's wonderful quilts are beautifully set.


As I step back I realize that these pictorial pieces create a new room of their own.


In my next blog, I'll show you more of the quilts.

Ann

1 comment:

Laura Wasilowski said...

Its a beautiful museum with a beautiful exhibit in it. I enjoyed my visit there last week. Congratulations on having such a popular show!