Translate

Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's time to dance!

The long awaited book is here. As the author, I got my first big shipment before the shops and large book retailers. Your favorite quilt shop will have the book about April 15th. I'm quite pleased with the cover, and how it turned out. The designer chose a detail of my quilt called Summer Sanctuary. It really sets off the title. There are many photos of my quilts, along with colorful tips and informational charts.  Summer Sanctuary is below:

When I am machine quilting, and everything is going right, the textures and patterns are emerging from my machine, I get a creative high. I feel like I am dancing! This is a wonderful sensation. In the book I explain how I create my free-spirited quilting designs. And try to help the reader find their own individual quilting style so they can dance along with me.

The book begins with my comments on free-motion quilting, a gallery, lots of how-to information and a problem solving chapter. You may read more about the book on my website. I would be glad to sign a book for you if you place an order. Ann Fahl's book page is the place to go.

This is a very exciting time for me, I hope that I can settle down, and get back to quilting tomorrow!

Ann

5 comments:

Pamela said...

How exciting! I can't wait for the books to be out in the quilt shops! Congratulations!

Karen S said...

Congratulations. I love the title.

tmstewart said...

Congratulations, Ann!

Frieda Anderson said...

I definitely want a copy. It looks great. Are you coming to Chicago? MPLS?

Betsy said...

congratulations Ann, the book looks great!