Translate

Monday, December 19, 2011

Making Gifts

Here are the strip pieced sections with lots of embroidery.
I've been working for almost a week making ten small gifts.  The project took waaaaaay longer than I thought it should: I've used up lots of little strip pieced sections I've had for years;  played with all the program stitches on my machine; and experimented with some variegated threads, both rayon and metallic. The final result is unique, and the recipients will like them. For me this type of sewing is drudgery!

You will just have to use your imagination. This is all I can show you! Project #1 turned out mediocre, but it helped me tweek the size and order of stitching.  So, I will keep #1 for myself.  #2-10 turned out better, but not perfect. The limited piecing and seaming was done with the titanium topstich needles size 70, and it worked well.  All the parts are now sewn and assembled into a usable item.  After Christmas, I'll post the finished item so you can see what I've been talking about.

I'd love to show you, but I don't want to spoil the surprise for my friends that will be receiving one! Any how, I am thrilled that I am finished with this brilliant idea! In the process of embroidering I tried lots of different programmed stitches, and I found some beautiful new ones! It helped get me in the mood for the holidays, get the shopping done, and prepare the menu for Christmas dinner.  We won't be having tacos this year, it'll be lasagna instead. We're not much for tradition at my house.

My wish is that all of you get all your gifts completed too.  Be sure to sign them.

Almost Merry Holiday to you.

Ann Fahl


3 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Fun threadplay projects. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with these. I'm definitely seeing the need to do this for some cute giftbags, placemats, but the possibilities are endless.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Very colorful and festive. My first guess is that they are wine bags so I'll be waiting for your post to reveal the results.

annieQ said...

Nope, neither of you are close! You'll just have to wait.