Translate

Friday, March 20, 2015

Is Spring in the Air?

Spring in Wisconsin always arrives several months late.  About June 1st is about the time we can plant annuals in our gardens with safety from frost.

Today it's 50 degrees and sunny, so it's time to start crossing stuff off my gardening and bird care list.  I found the ladder, took down the 2 bird houses that I have, emptied them out, and scrubbed them with soap and water.  Each one had several families hatched last year and wow, they were stuffed with sticks and feathers!

My daffodils are showing their little green tips, so it'll be a month until their flowers open up. This is such an exciting time of year.
Tea and Daffodils, quilt by Ann Fahl  22 x 22 inches
The above is my all time favorite April quilt.  I can hardly wait until the daffodils begin to bloom. I have probably a thousand in my yard and last fall we added more bulbs to the main entrance of the Mount Pleasant Village Hall. I hope they look gorgeous and are welcoming to the citizens of our village.

Whenever your spring arrives, I hope you have a lovely one.

Ann Fahl

5 comments:

Connie said...

Your quilts are amazing, especially this one, Wow!

Contact hotmail customer service said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

Alat bantu sex said...

nice blog

Vimax Canada said...

thanks you for sharing

Selaput Dara Buatan said...

nice blog, thanks you for sharing