Translate

Saturday, February 26, 2011

From ISBN to a Cat Book

One of the early hurdles in publishing this book, was obtaining an ISBN number and barcode, I've come a long way since then. On Thursday, it finally happened. I took the electronic file for the book to the printer.  In a few days I'll be able to see a proof copy of A Black and White Tale. This is really going to become a reality. 

The cover of Ann and Jacquie's 2011  book

While I was waiting at the printer's office I little book fell out of one of my file folders. I had forgotten, that I made this little book for a small group of friends for Christmas 2005. I wrote a little prose to go along with each of 10 quilts or photos of Oreo. I had the cover laminated and I hand stitched the pages and cover together with variegated pearl cotton.
Prototype of cat book from 2005, by Ann Fahl


It has been 5 years since I looked at this project; which was a first step toward my current book.  Sometime after this little project was created, Jacquie Scuitto agreed to write some poetry to go along with all of my cat quilts.  Eventually, there were a total of 22 cat quilts and Jacquie wrote additional verse for each new one that came along. Now there are a total of 34 quilts included in the story line. Quilt and cat lovers of all ages will enjoy it.

I must admit this has caused a sleepless night or two and has become another chapter in my adventure in the quilting world.

When I finished my first sampler quilt in 1978, I never dreamed that I would ever become a publisher!  Quilting gives all of us so many options and paths. I am so fortunate to be a part of the quilting community. This is sew exciting. ;-}

Ann Fahl

4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! Good for you! This is also one of my dreams ;) Looking forward to seeing more of your book:)

Maggie Szafranski said...

Looking forward to having the book in my collection!

Vicki Miller said...

I can't wait to see it in print! I love children's picture story books. I wanted to write them once upon a time

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your book. What an adventure!