Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Celebrate National Quilting Day

Today is really St. Patrick's Day, we can just say that I helped to celebrate Quilting Day a little bit early.  It's been 2.5 years since I've given a quilt presentation, but I really didn't think I'd have any problems.  I packed up 10 quilts that were representative of my life's work and spoke to a group of people living at Primrose Retirement Community, a lovely place about 5 minutes from my house.

There may have been 30 people that came to hear the program. First I showed two traditional quilts.
This is a full sized feathered star.  I made the top and Linda Honsberger hand quilted it.  It took ten years from start to finish; it was the last traditional quilt I ever made.  Next, I showed the red and green tulip family quilt that I repaired. Then I showed them some of my original quilts. Up until this time I wasn't sure if I had their interest or not. The questions and comments started coming, they were fascinated.

Of course Oreo was part of the presentation with a quilt titled Tea Party.


I finished up with my Symphony of Color I quilt.  This is one of my personal favorites, but never got  the approval of any Q judges.

All the Ohs and ahs made me feel great.  Now that I'm home, I will hang this quilt up in my living room to enjoy for the next month or so. Thanks to all the people at Primrose.

Share your quilts with someone this week.

Ann Fahl


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

تعتبر زجاجات كاتشب بلاستيك pet المقاومة للحرارة والضوء مثالية للحفاظ على جودة المنتجات التي تحتوي عليها. تتميز هذه الزجاجات بقدرتها على تحمل درجات الحرارة العالية دون التأثير على شكلها أو تسرب محتوياتها، كما أنها تحمي المنتجات من أشعة الشمس والضوء الذي يمكن أن يؤدي إلى تفاقم تلف المنتجات.