Translate

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Of Magazines and Machine Quilting

Yesterday was a great day.  I finished machine quilting my featured quilt for a solo exhibit at the LaConner Museum and a new issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited arrived in the mail.
New issue of quilting magazine.
I haven't read the entire issue yet, but if you are interested in improving your machine quilting, there are plenty of articles in here for you.  I have a 5 page article on "Keys to Successful Machine Quilting" on page 33. There are lots of large photos to enjoy and study throughout the entire issue! I am impressed with the quantity of information included in this publication.

Detail of Coneflower Fiesta, Ann's newest and not yet completed quilt!
This is just a teaser, but in keeping with my machine quilting theme.  These extra large spirals are scattered across the surface of a large coneflower garden. (I'm not done with coneflowers yet!) I am continually trying to improve the scale and visibility of my quilting and I feel that I have succeeded this time.

Have a great week.

3 comments:

Maggie Szafranski said...

What a bright and cheery motif! I must remember that!

Anonymous said...

Ann... don't you just love this magazine? Great tips!!

Anonymous said...

I just got mine too and there you were Ann! I posted it on my blog. super article.

Barb