Translate

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Big Project! part 2

Hairy Homage, by Ann Fahl  a quilt of scraps from many of her cat quilts!
Sally, my book designer, and I have spent lots of time together this week, trying to clear up the last of the details on the book's pages.  We are so close to being done.This is probably what I said in my last post, but it is almost time to send the pages to the printer!

Sally is quite clever and knows how to move details around on each page, everything needs to be lined up so each one looks just right. She has come up with a way to put paw prints on some of the pages, to echo the feline theme. Just how many will be in the final book has yet to be decided.

I've registered my book with the Library of Congress. It is amazing to think that some of my work will actually reside in Washington DC!  What an honor. Soon I'll have an official copyright number from the LC in addition to my ISBN number.   Isn't this exciting stuff? (Making quilts is so much more fun.)

There are so many things to balance; artistic things, editing the quilt descriptions, and just plain office work.  It's hard to take your life's work and boil it down to just 48 pages. I hope you will all like the book when it is done.

More to come.............................
Ann

No comments: